I was one of those young girls with a dream to have a beautiful horse, with a long mane and tail. I always have posters on my wall, books about breeds, and of course, pictures from a polaroid camera taped on the posters like I was riding them. I think I was about 7 when I new that one day I would have my dream. Then my parents suprised me with 2 ponies and I thought my heart was going to jump right out of my chest. One was a chestnut color mare (female) named Buttons, and the other one was black male (gelding) named Dixie. No accessories to come with these 2 wonderful creatures, except a halter and a lead line. So as a girl who thought she could conquer anything jumps on the back of Dixie and was bucked of to the ground before I was even upright on his back. Lesson of the day, know all you can about an animal and take control before they control you.
I love what you wrote on here about horses. I myself am and animal lover but especially horses. I acutally moved out to Wyoming to learn how to barrel race, something that i've been trilled about for years and ALWAYS have wanted to learn to do it. I tore my ACL and menicus this last summer which has put a real damper on my riding, plus I had to sell my horse when I moved back home to Michigan. But i'm hopping to get back into it...real soon because I miss it A LOT!
I was one of those young girls with a dream to have a beautiful horse, with a long mane and tail. I always have posters on my wall, books about breeds, and of course, pictures from a polaroid camera taped on the posters like I was riding them. I think I was about 7 when I new that one day I would have my dream. Then my parents suprised me with 2 ponies and I thought my heart was going to jump right out of my chest. One was a chestnut color mare (female) named Buttons, and the other one was black male (gelding) named Dixie. No accessories to come with these 2 wonderful creatures, except a halter and a lead line. So as a girl who thought she could conquer anything jumps on the back of Dixie and was bucked of to the ground before I was even upright on his back. Lesson of the day, know all you can about an animal and take control before they control you.
ReplyDeleteI love what you wrote on here about horses. I myself am and animal lover but especially horses. I acutally moved out to Wyoming to learn how to barrel race, something that i've been trilled about for years and ALWAYS have wanted to learn to do it. I tore my ACL and menicus this last summer which has put a real damper on my riding, plus I had to sell my horse when I moved back home to Michigan. But i'm hopping to get back into it...real soon because I miss it A LOT!
ReplyDelete