As you all may know by now, I love horses, and they are a big part of my life. Just to elaborate on the simple enjoyment that I receive, when I am with my horses, and the love they give back. Even though, with the show season over, I enjoy taking my horse on a nice trail ride. So, I get together with a few of my horse buddies, and we go on a journey with no set path.
Even on a snowy day, it is very relaxing and enjoyable to share the experience of the ride, with my friends. We do take along a few warming items; like hot chocolate, or some coffee, or some may prefer to take something a bit stronger, if you know what I mean.

Anytime of the year is always enjoyable, as long as you love who you are with, and the scenery is to the liking. We have been on many rides, and there has been many different sights that just take your breathe away. Riding in the woods, probably is one of my favorite times, only because you never know where the path leads. All the different obstacles you have to overcome just to get to the other side, can be such a challenge, but it is fun trying to do it.
I love my horses, and I know they love me back, so what more can anyone ask for. Not only do they rely on me, I also, rely on them. Whenever I feel that I may not be able to jump over a ditch, or a log that has fallen into our path, it always amazes me how my horse never fails to achieve the object.
I have this one particular horse, Nugget, that is the best, all around riding horse that I can do just about anything with. He is going to be 15 years old in 2011, and he is the best friend I have ever had. He loves the attention that everyone gives him, and he especially loves all the treats from the kids, that I give lesson to.
Say hello to my sweet friend, Nugget. If you ever feel the need to go horse back riding, always remember , you are the boss, and do not let your equine lead you. They are a 1200 pound beast that only thinks they are 100 pounds, so be safe, and always wear head gear for safely.
Anytime of the year is always enjoyable, as long as you love who you are with, and the scenery is to the liking. We have been on many rides, and there has been many different sights that just take your breathe away. Riding in the woods, probably is one of my favorite times, only because you never know where the path leads. All the different obstacles you have to overcome just to get to the other side, can be such a challenge, but it is fun trying to do it.



Lori, sounds like you do alot of ridding. The only time i ever road on a horse was when i was hunting in Idaho. Four hours into the ride I could hardly walk, guess you must have to ride alot to get use to it.
ReplyDeleteI think it is pretty clear that you do love horses. It sounds enjoyable to just go out and ride your horse around. I didn't know horses lived very long so hearing that your horse is 15 is surprising to me.
ReplyDeleteI completely understand your blog. For about 8 years I rode about 3-5 days a week. I love horses and just going out for a ride is so relaxing. They really are one of the most lovable animals and I couldn't agree more that they really do go above and beyond for their riders.
ReplyDeleteAs you know, my sister also has a horse, and she used to be as close to it as you are to yours. Unfortunately, now that she is at college, she doesn't get to see him as often. She used to ride hers often as well. My aunt used to go on long trail trips when she was younger too. I miss our horses but not the difficult work that goes with them, such as cleaning stalls.
ReplyDeleteI really love your pictures!! I use to have horses but with college and not really having a place for them anymore since we don't live on the farm it was hard keeping them. I know when I was out west horses are still a big part of the way of life out there. Its amazing to see how much horses can do!
ReplyDelete